French MorningÂ hosted Best Baguette Miami 2016 competition, presented by La Compagnie. Total of 9Â finalists competedÂ for â€œbest baguetteâ€ in Miami,Â in front of a jury of professional chefs and celebrities, at The National Hotel Miami Beach. All bakers displayed their baguettes and other breads for the guestsÂ to sample before the audience chooses their favorite.Â GuestsÂ chatÂ withÂ bakers, and enjoyedÂ tasting of the baguettes &Â breads, and a selection of cheeses and charcuterie,Â followed by the jury’s deliberations.
The panel of judges was comprised of:
– Charly Nestor,Â French TV Producer of Canal Bleu, andÂ ‘Hit Machine’ TV show host;
– Christian Rassinoux, Executive Chef of the Diplomat Resort & Spa;
– Gregory Gourreau, Executive Chef of Juvia Miami Beach;
– Matthew McDonald, Executive Chef of The National Hotel;
– Sylvain Leroy, Chef of Paris Gourmet and member of L’AcademieÂ CulinaireÂ de France.
The competing finalists included:
– Alibey Embarek of La ParisienneÂ – Grand Prix Award +Â Special Jury Prize,
– Arthur Arnaize of Epicerie Wynwood -Â Readers Prize,
– Bernard Casse and Matthieu Cartron of Croissan’Time,
– David Loprete of Pause CafÃ© -Â Special Bread Award,
– David Thau of La Provence – Special Jury Prize,
– Georges Berger of Chocolate Fashion,
– Patrick Baboun of DÃ©lices de France -Â Fan Prix Award,
– SÃ©bastien Sangely of Tulipes CafÃ©,
– Tomas Strulovic of True Loaf.