Whole Foods Market,Â the leading natural and organic food retailer, opens its highly anticipatedÂ Downtown Miami store to the public, asÂ the first of four new stores opening in South Florida in the next two months. The stateâ€™s 22ndÂ store will offer the metropolitan area a plethora of unique innovations. They include:
- JugofreshÂ will have a store-within-a-store giving loyal fans access to their uniquely crafted juices, smoothies and raw vegan quick-bites curated by Jugofresh chef Darren Laszlo.
- Miami landmark,Â Versailles Restaurant, will be a supplier at Whole Foods Market serving healthy variations of classic Cuban dishes.
- TheÂ MET cafÃ©Â will be a quick-service coffee and espresso bar with empanadas, croquettes, Latin pastries, and other hot and cold selections. The cafÃ© will have a separate entrance with grab & go items and coffee; perfect for downtowners on the run.
- TheÂ Prepared FoodsÂ department will feature a number of items that will be unique to the Downtown Miami location. Options include:
- La ChurrasqueiraÂ â€“ a Brazilian-style meat station offering churrasco BBQ and sides
- Monsieur Cubano SandwichÂ â€“Â roast pork and cotto ham Cuban sandwich on a French Brioche bun
- Sushi MakiÂ â€“ freshly prepared sushi varieties, as well as Hawaiian Poke and Peruvian Ceviche-style rice bowls
- Other local suppliers will contribute exclusive products to the store:
- JuiceraÂ â€“ Watermelon Fresco and Sunny State
- U RAWk Raw Energy BarsÂ â€“ Coconut Lime
- South Beach Candle CompanyÂ â€“ Happy Hour Scented Candles
Catering specifically to the metropolitan/business crowd, the Downtown Miami location will open daily at 7:30 a.m. The store has convenient access to the Bayfront and Knight Center Metro Mover stops, as well as a 140-spot parking garage designated just for Whole Foods Market customers.
Paying homage to Floridaâ€™s Tequesta Tribe, the original Miamiams, the cafÃ© features a tribute mural painted byÂ Kazilla, a local street artist. Additional local street artists can be seen in the storeâ€™s parking garage.
In addition to the Downtown Miami innovations above, the store will feature a soup bar with 26 offerings changing daily, indoor and outdoor seating, hundreds of craft beers and wines, and authentic Italian-style pizzas made on-site. Also new to Whole Foods Market stores in the region will be thin-sliced steaks such as sirloin tip, shoulder, steak, tri-tip; breaded pork items such as breaded boneless chops and breaded cube pork steaks; and fresh sausage made in-house.