Miami will soon be home to a truly unique food and cultural market as Time Out Market is set to open in 2018, just off Miami Beach’s famed Lincoln Road. Time Out Market Miami will bring together the best of the city under one roof: its best restaurants, bars and cultural experiences, based on the editorial curation Time Out has always been known for. Time Out Market will feature a curated mix of 17 kitchens, three bars, an art space and a demonstration kitchen, representing the city’s most celebrated chefs and restaurateurs, cocktails from award-winning mixologists and stunning art works by rising talent. It will showcase the people who make Miami the vibrant city it is and consistently create the best of what the city has to offer.
Time Out Market Miami announces the first seven of 17 top chefs and restaurateurs who will serve up exciting menus with dishes capturing the essence of their outstanding talent and the city’s flavorsâ€”offering an incredible range of local fine dining, affordable and accessible for all:
- Jose Mendin, a home-grown superstar in Miami’s culinary scene with his Pubbelly Noodle Bar and other concepts, is celebrated for his fusion cuisine and Asian-inflected small plates. In Time Out Market Miami, he will continue to push boundaries on Latin cuisine, think Mexican Huitlacoche and Valencian Fideua.
- Michael Pirolo will serve up his soulful, Italian food which continues to garner praise at his acclaimed Macchialina. Food lovers can look forward to antipasti and well-crafted ‘Grandma style’ pies with carefully sourced ingredients from prosciutto di Parma to spicy sopressata.
- KUSH is an award-winning concept helmed by Matt Kusherâ€”a third generation restaurateur and creator of five unique concepts in Miami. It is edgy, integrity-driven and best known for its epicurean, American cuisine based on locally sourced ingredients which will also be offered in Time Out Market.
- Coyo Taco founders Alan Drummond, Sven Vogtland and Chef Scott Linquist, one of the country’s most acclaimed chefs in Mexican cuisine, will serve their hugely popular tacos made with locally sourced vegetables, seafood and humanely raised meats.
- Jugofresh, nutrient density is a way of life for Matthew Sherman, the man behind South Florida’s raw, organic, cold-pressed juice bar empire, serving only the freshest nutrients.
- Paradigm Kitchen, also by Matthew Sherman, is about creating big flavors with mostly plant-based foods and thoughtful animal proteins. Everything is about a more sustainable way of eating for mind, body, spirit and planet.
- BUHT-ER, the first outpost for Executive Pastry Chef Maria Orantes of Pubbelly acclaim. Maria loves to experiment with new techniques and flavorsâ€”a passion she will bring to Time Out Market with delicious and innovative desserts.
Time Out Market Miami is following the wildly successful culinary phenomenon Time Out Market Lisbon, the world’s first food and cultural market based wholly on editorial curation, and is the first outpost in the U.S. and outside of Europe. In 2014, Time Out turned a historic market building in Lisbon into what is now the most popular attraction in the country. When Time Out Market stakes its presence in Miami in 2018, it will mark a great step for the city as a global leader of innovative culinary experiences and a top destination for traveling foodies.
The previously unused site with lots of natural light will have a very modern design, perfectly reflective of Miami Beach and the iconic Time Out brand. After exploring and sampling a variety of dishesâ€”served on fine chinaâ€”from the surrounding kitchens, family and friends come together to enjoy their meals at communal tables in the center of the Time Out Market. The average check per person for dinner will be approximately $20. #TimeOutMarketMiami @timeoutmktmia