Charity & Causes Miami-Dade County

Woman’s Club of Coconut Grove Bingo for a Good Cause

Woman's Club of Coconut Grove Bingo for a Good CauseThursday, August 16, 7pm – 2985 South Bayshore Drive, Coconut Grove

The Woman’s Club of Coconut Grove was founded in 1891 by Flora McFarlane and had only six club members. It was originally called ”The Housekeeper’s Club,” and by 1957, the name had changed to its current title. The club has provided service to the community for 117 years. The first major project was raising money for a Sunday school chapel that eventually became Plymouth Congregational Church. Currently, the club is involved in helping organizations such as The West Grove Seniors, The Young Artists’ Gallery which provides exhibition opportunities and scholarships to Miami-Dade County high school students and other groups. The building, designed by noted architect Walter DeGarmo, was built in 1921 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Due to compliance with ADA Guidelines, the club incurred major expenses and all proceeds for Bingo games are used for this purpose. Admission for adults is $5 and children under 12 are free. Refreshments and hors d’oeuvres and cash bar will be provided; $1 per card with a minimum of 5 games.