This unique event is designed and implemented to promote positive awareness, education and early detection of breast cancer. Up to 75 percent of the funds raised at the Race remain in Miami-Dade, Broward and Monroe counties to provide breast health research, diagnostics, screening, treatment, services and education for uninsured or underinsured women. The remaining 25 percent goes to fund national research to discover the causes of breast cancer and, ultimately, its cures. Please visit our grants page to see who received this year’s grants. Race participants may register as individuals or as teams and start collecting pledges for the power of 10 challenge. We are expecting more than 23,000 participants and 1,500 breast cancer survivors to participate in this year’s Race for the Cure. Survivor procession and ceremony, 5K run and walk, one mile fun run and tot run to benefit the fight against breast cancer.
Wednesday, May 2, 6pm-9pm – Tory Burch Store, 170 NE 40th St, Miami Design District The Make-A-Wish Champions and Women’s Initiative Group invite you to help grant wishes while enjoying a Mother’s Day celebration. Join Lisa Balkin Gang, Danielle Gonzalez and Shalina Jaffer for cocktails to celebrate Mother’s Day in support of Make-A-Wish South Florida. Create […]
Friday, July 12, 5pm-8pm – db Bistro Moderne, 255 Biscayne Blvd., Miami db Bistro ModerneÂ is launchingÂ dbQ, a weekly summer grilling series on their terrace. Dinners will take place on Fridays from 5 to 8 p.m. and chefÂ Matthieu GodardÂ will be offering grilled dishes like Hickory Smoked Chicken Legs and Sugarcane Grilled Shrimp priced from $7 to […]
Saturday, January 28, 7pm-11pm – The Ritz-Carlton, 1 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale Join Junior Welfare Society’s 61st annual Toyland event. It will be a night to remember complete with a reception, dinner, dancing and black tie attire. All proceeds go directly back into our community to help those in need. By supporting […]